CT Staff Report
As of Nov. 5, VCU’s COVID-19 dashboard reports 22 active student cases on campus and 7 active VCU employee cases, bringing the total number of active cases reported to the university to 29.
The dashboard includes a table indicating a running total of 351 student cases and 47 employee cases, bringing the VCU running total to 398 cases.
The dashboard was created on Aug. 20 to track COVID-19 cases, quarantines and testing among students and faculty.
Currently, 2 students living on campus are in isolation, which separates people who have tested positive for the virus from those who are not sick. There are 6 students in quarantine to restrict movement and monitor any COVID-19 symptoms after a potential exposure.
VCU’s total symptomatic positivity rate is 25.1% with 358 out of 1428 tests resulting in positive for COVID-19.
VCU’s asymptomatic prevalence testing began Aug. 17 to keep track of VCU’s percentage of positive COVID-19 cases in their residential students, non-residential students and faculty. VCU has a 0.22% positivity rate in COVID-19 cases with 6 in 2748 total tests being positive.
Off-campus students can opt-in to the asymptomatic prevalence testing by filling out an online form. According to a message from leadership, VCU will provide viral throat swab tests, “not the more invasive nasopharyngeal swab in the nose.”
COVID-19 at other Virginia schools
- Active student positives: 11
- Active employee positives: <10
- COVID-19 tests given in previous 7-days: 2754
- 7-day positivity rate: 0.47%
- Active student positive cases: 18
- Active employee positive cases: 5
- Total student tests: 8,413
- Total employee tests: 2,189
- Positive tests reported this week: 5
- Active cases since July 1: 22
- Recovered cases since July 1: 1,605
- Cumulative positive tests: 707
- COVID-19 tests given: 5,831
- Positivity rate (seven day moving average): 2.29%
- Cumulative positive tests: 538
- Cumulative COVID-19 tests given: 5,115
- Positivity rate: 10.52%
- Current active cases: 5
- Total cumulative cases: 37
- COVID-19 tests given: 6,200
- Positivity rate: 0.6%
- Total positive student cases: 1,129
- Total active cases: 41
- Student rooms quarantined: 3%
- Student rooms isolated: 1%
- Total tests given: 31,530
- Total positive tests: 1,535
- Positivity rate: 2.8%
Last updated Nov. 5 at 6:47 p.m. For regional, demographic and COVID-19 testing data in Virginia, visit vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-daily-dashboard.