The CT Staff

EXECUTIVE EDITOR

Andrew Ringle

Andrew is a senior majoring in mass communications and minoring in political science. He’s worked at The CT for two years as Spectrum Editor and Managing Editor, and he currently reports for Capital News Service and Virginia Reports.

Twitter: @aeringle

ringlea@commonwealthtimes.org 

MANAGING EDITOR

Hannah Eason

Hannah got her first feel for journalism as a radio DJ at age 16. Since then, she has grown to love the art of telling people’s stories and seeking the truth. Hannah has been with The CT since her sophomore year, previously serving as news editor. Her journalistic work has won her a variety of awards, such as the Virginia Press Association award for education writing portfolio in April 2020. The senior is majoring in broadcast journalism with a minor in political science, and she is a member of mass communications honors society Kappa Tau Alpha in recognition of her academic achievements. Since August 2017, Hannah has been a promotional assistant and soundboard operator for SummitMedia Richmond, where she is also an on-air personality for 103.7 Play. Since January, she has served as an on-air talent for Fox Richmond.

Twitter: @HannahEason_

easonhd@commonwealthtimes.org

NEWS EDITOR

Eduardo Acevedo

Eduardo is a mass communications major with a concentration in digital journalism. He has wrapped burritos, baked pizzas and made sandwiches, but he loves writing, and breaking stories is his passion.

Twitter: @edace2936

acevedoea@commonwealthtimes.org

SPORTS EDITOR

Noah Fleischman

Referred to by his colleagues as “Liam,” “Collin” and “Tyler,” Noah is a junior studying digital journalism preparing for a career in sports reporting. He previously wrote for the Prince William Times and has broadcasted for ESPN. In his free time, he enjoys running spontaneously and playing Fortnite.

Twitter: @fleischman_noah

sports@commonwealthtimes.org

SPECTRUM EDITOR

Iman Mekonen

Iman is a junior pursuing a degree in international studies with a concentration in social justice and language focus in Arabic. After college, she aspires to work in public service, incorporating writing and media to international contexts. She also dreams of traveling the world as a global citizen. In her free time, she likes to go to concerts, watch “Parks & Recreation” and run her dog’s Instagram.

Twitter: @childishimanino

spectrum@commonwealthtimes.org

OPINIONS EDITOR

Tagwa Shammet

Tagwa is double majoring in political science and philosophy with concentrations in public policy and administration, and philosophy and law. Tagwa plans to pursue a law degree after undergraduate. She was awarded first place in the editorial writing category of the annual Virginia Press Association contest. She has really cool yellow pants because yellow is her color, and she throws her thumbs up when she feel uncomfortable and unsafe.

Instagram: @tagwita

opinions@commonwealthtimes.org

PHOTO AND MULTIMEDIA EDITOR

Jon Mirador

Jon is majoring in mechanical engineering and hopes to do industrial and UI/UX design in the years to come. He’s never taken a photo class, but he hopes to go to as many student media conferences as he can. One day, he hopes to work with either Canon or Adobe, but his ultimate goal so to become a councilman in Norfolk and open up a cafe.

Instagram: @jonmirador

photography@commonwealthtimes.org

AUDIENCE EDITOR

Alexandra Zernik

Alexandra is a senior studying print journalism, creative advertising and business. She is from Annandale, Virginia, and has a passion for synchronicity and all types of writing.

zernikal@commonwealthtimes.org

ILLUSTRATIONS EDITOR

Lauren Johnson

illustrations@commonwealthtimes.org

Staff Writers

Katharine DeRosa — News

Katharine is a sophomore double majoring in economics and mass communications with a concentration in print and online journalism. She has a passion for political news and hopes to be a White House correspondent one day. Katharine plays for VCU’s Ultimate Frisbee team, and loves “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” and baking.

Twitter: @KatharineDeRosa

Ryan Grube — Sports

Ryan, often called by his last name “Grube” by his friends, is a junior print/online journalism major pursuing a career in sports journalism. He is a dedicated fan of the Washington Redskins, and is still waiting for the team to return to their winning ways. In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball or golf, running and family time

GRAPHIC DESIGNERS

designers@vcustudentmedia.com

Andrew Caress — Art Director 

Andy is a designer who loves making books and eating pho. After college he hopes to somehow live in New York while incorporating his Asian heritage within his work. In his free time he enjoys re-watching “New Girl” and eating more pho.