The CT Staff

EXECUTIVE EDITOR

Andrew Ringle

Andrew is a senior majoring in mass communications and minoring in political science. He’s worked at The CT for two years, previously serving as Spectrum Editor and Managing Editor. Andrew reports for VCU’s Capital News Service, covering the Virginia General Assembly and Richmond news.

Twitter: @aeringle

ringlea@commonwealthtimes.org 

MANAGING EDITOR

Hannah Eason

Hannah has been with The CT since her sophomore year, previously serving as news editor. Her journalistic work has won her a variety of awards, such as the Society of Professional Journalists’ Robert D.G. Lewis First Amendment award. The senior is majoring in broadcast journalism with a minor in political science. On the weekend, Hannah works as a digital content producer for WWBT NBC12. Since January, she has served as an on-air talent for WRLH Fox Richmond.

Twitter: @HannahEason_

easonhd@commonwealthtimes.org

NEWS EDITOR

Eduardo Acevedo

Eduardo is a mass communications major with a concentration in digital journalism. He has wrapped burritos, baked pizzas and made sandwiches, but he loves writing, and breaking stories is his passion.

Twitter: @edace2936

acevedoea@commonwealthtimes.org

SPORTS EDITOR

Noah Fleischman

Referred to by his colleagues as “Liam,” “Collin” and “Tyler,” Noah is a junior studying digital journalism preparing for a career in sports reporting. He previously wrote for the Prince William Times and has broadcasted for ESPN. In his free time, he enjoys running spontaneously and playing Fortnite.

Twitter: @fleischman_noah

sports@commonwealthtimes.org

SPECTRUM EDITOR

Iman Mekonen

Iman is a junior pursuing a degree in international studies with a concentration in social justice and language focus in Arabic. After college, she aspires to work in public service, incorporating writing and media to international contexts. She also dreams of traveling the world as a global citizen. In her free time, she likes to go to concerts, watch “Parks & Recreation” and run her dog’s Instagram.

Twitter: @childishimanino

spectrum@commonwealthtimes.org

OPINIONS EDITOR

Tagwa Shammet

Tagwa is double majoring in political science and philosophy with concentrations in public policy and administration, and philosophy and law. Tagwa plans to pursue a law degree after undergraduate. She was awarded first place in the editorial writing category of the annual Virginia Press Association contest. She has really cool yellow pants because yellow is her color, and she throws her thumbs up when she feels uncomfortable and unsafe.

Instagram: @tagwita

opinions@commonwealthtimes.org

PHOTO EDITOR

Enza Marcy

Enza is a multimedia artist who works in photography, filmmaking and textiles. Interested primarily in the documentary mode, her photography explores memory, community, intimacy and connectedness within the American condition. She loves illustration, stop motion animation, robot love, cooking, poetry, raccoons, the “waking up a sleeping rabbit by surrounding him with ___” series on YouTube and the cute little ear tufts of red squirrels.

IG: @enzmarcy
marcyem@mymail.vcu.edu

AUDIENCE EDITOR

Alexandra Zernik

Alexandra is a senior studying print journalism, creative advertising and business. She is from Annandale, Virginia, and has a passion for synchronicity and all types of writing.

zernikal@commonwealthtimes.org

ILLUSTRATIONS EDITOR

Lauren Johnson

illustrations@commonwealthtimes.org

STAFF WRITERS

Katharine DeRosa — News

Katharine is a sophomore double majoring in economics and mass communications with a concentration in print and online journalism. She has a passion for political news and hopes to be a White House correspondent one day. Katharine plays for VCU’s Ultimate Frisbee team, and loves “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” and baking.

Twitter: @KatharineDeRosa

Anya Sczerzenie — News

GRAPHIC DESIGNERS

designers@vcustudentmedia.com

Andrew Caress — Art Director 

Andy is a designer who loves making books and eating pho. After college he hopes to somehow live in New York while incorporating his Asian heritage within his work. In his free time he enjoys re-watching “New Girl” and eating more pho.

Gabrielle Wood — Designer

Gabi is a junior majoring in graphic design. She loves making posters, playing guitar and singing along to David Bowie. After college, she hopes to travel, work in the music industry as a designer and play guitar in an all-girl rock band.

Jayce Nguyen — Designer

Ni Sang — Designer

Raymond Liu — Designer