The CT Staff

EXECUTIVE EDITOR

Georgia Geen
Georgia is a senior pursuing dual degrees in print/online journalism and Spanish with a certificate in Spanish-English translation and interpretation. She has interned at The Roanoke Times via the Dow Jones News Fund and at Richmond Magazine, and hopes to be employed as a journalist someday (or build a house of cards with her degrees, whichever comes first). 

Twitter: @georgia_geen

geengr@commonwealthtimes.org

MANAGING EDITOR

Andrew Ringle

Andrew is a junior studying mass communications with concentration in print/online journalism. He really likes Taco Bell, and always orders a Baja Blast.

Twitter: @aeringle

ringlea@commonwealthtimes.org 

NEWS EDITOR

Hannah Eason

Hannah did not submit a staff bio to her executive editor, but her LinkedIn proved to be a complete, reliable resource. She is a junior majoring in broadcast journalism with a political science minor. Since August 2017, Hannah has been a promotional assistant and soundboard operator for Summit Media. She is also consistently the best-dressed person in the newsroom.

Twitter: @Hannah_Eason_

news@commonwealthtimes.org

SPORTS EDITOR

Noah Fleischman

Referred to by his colleagues as “Liam,” “Collin” and “Tyler,” Noah is a sophomore studying digital journalism preparing for a career in sports reporting. He previously wrote for the Prince William Times and has broadcasted for ESPN. In his free time, he enjoys running spontaneously and playing Fortnite.

Twitter: @fleischman_noah

sports@commonwealthtimes.org

SPECTRUM EDITOR

Iman Mekonen

Iman is a sophomore pursuing a degree in international studies with a concentration in social justice and language focus in Arabic. After college, she hopes to work in public service, traveling the world as a global citizen. In her free time, she likes to go to concerts, watch “Parks & Recreation” and run her dog’s Instagram.

Twitter: @childishimanino

spectrum@commonwealthtimes.org

OPINIONS EDITOR

Tagwa Shammet

Tagwa is a political science major with a concentration in public policy and administration. She also is minoring in philosophy of law and is on a pre-law track. Tagwa will go to law school straight after graduation to become an international corporate lawyer. She has really cool yellow pants because yellow is her color, and she throws her thumbs up when she feel uncomfortable and unsafe.

Instagram: @tagwita

opinions@commonwealthtimes.org

PHOTO AND MULTIMEDIA EDITOR

Jon Mirador

Jon is majoring in mechanical engineering and hopes to do industrial and UI/UX design in the years to come. He’s never taken a photo class, but he hopes to go to as many student media conferences as he can. One day, he hopes to work with either Canon or Adobe, but his ultimate goal so to become a councilman in Norfolk and open up a cafe.

Instagram: @jonmirador

photography@commonwealthtimes.org

AUDIENCE EDITOR

Alexandra Zernik

Alexandra is a senior studying print journalism, creative advertising and business. She is from Annandale, Virginia, and has a passion for synchronicity and all types of writing.

zernikal@commonwealthtimes.org

ILLUSTRATIONS EDITOR

Karly Andersen

Karly Andersen is a senior majoring in Communication Arts with a focus on editorial and book illustration…and also comics, but there’s no money in that.

Insta: @karlyandersen
karlyandersen.com

illustrations@commonwealthtimes.org

Staff Writers

Adam Cheek — Sports

Adam is a senior majoring in mass communications with a concentration in broadcast journalism, aspiring to a career in sports journalism or broadcasting. He also broadcasts VCU athletics for the WVCW campus radio station and hosts “The Sports Chronicles” every Tuesday at 3pm. He’s interned with ESPN Richmond and Richmond Magazine, and is a news writer for Frontstretch.com. He’s also a huge film buff – some of his favorite films include Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas and John Carpenter’s The Thing.

Twitter: @adamncheek

Ryan Grube — Sports

Ryan, often called by his last name “Grube” by his friends, is a junior print/online journalism major pursuing a career in sports journalism. He is a dedicated fan of the Washington Redskins, and is still waiting for the team to return to their winning ways. In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball or golf, running and family time

GRAPHIC DESIGNERS

designers@vcustudentmedia.com

Jeffrey Pohanka — Art Director 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Follow me on Instagram @peeohaitchayenkayay + jeffreypohanka.com.

Andrew Caress

Andy is a designer who loves making books and eating pho. After college he hopes to somehow live in New York while incorporating his Asian heritage within his work. In his free time he enjoys re-watching “New Girl” and eating more pho.

Kamryn Gillham

Kam is a senior currently studying in the CommArts Department at VCU. She is a full-time dog lover and part-time gaming enthusiast who hopes to find artistic success in the entertainment industry.

Rey Carlson