The CT Staff

EXECUTIVE EDITOR

Andrew Ringle

Andrew is a senior majoring in mass communications and minoring in political science. He’s worked at The CT for two years, previously serving as Spectrum Editor and Managing Editor. Andrew reports for VCU’s Capital News Service, covering the Virginia General Assembly and Richmond news.

Twitter: @aeringle

ringlea@commonwealthtimes.org 

MANAGING EDITOR

Iman Mekonen

Iman is a junior majoring in international studies with a concentration in social justice and a minor in political science. After college, she aspires to work in public service, incorporating writing and media to international contexts. With three languages under her belt, she dreams of traveling the world as a global citizen. In her free time, she likes to go to concerts, watch “Parks & Recreation” and run her dog’s Instagram.

Twitter: @childishimanino

mekonenib@commonwealthtimes.org

COPY EDITOR

Rachel Rivenbark

Rachel is a senior studying English with a focus on literature survey, editing and publishing. For the last two years, she has also worked as a copy editor for Blackbird Magazine. A lifelong lover of children’s literature, she hopes to pursue a career as an editor in a publishing house after graduation. In her free time, she enjoys knitting, overeating while watching “The Great British Baking Show” and getting bullied by her overweight chihuahua, Noodle.

rivenbarkrs@commonwealthtimes.org

NEWS EDITOR

Katharine DeRosa

Katharine is a sophomore double majoring in economics and mass communications with a concentration in print and online journalism. She has a passion for political news and hopes to be a White House correspondent one day. Katharine plays for VCU’s Ultimate Frisbee team, and loves “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” and baking.

Twitter: @KatharineDeRosa

news@commonwealthtimes.org

SPORTS EDITOR

Noah Fleischman

Referred to by his colleagues as “Liam,” “Collin” and “Tyler,” Noah is a junior studying digital journalism preparing for a career in sports reporting. He previously wrote for the Prince William Times and has broadcasted for ESPN. In his free time, he enjoys running spontaneously and playing Fortnite.

Twitter: @fleischman_noah

sports@commonwealthtimes.org

SPECTRUM EDITOR

Ebonique Little

Ebonique is a senior pursuing fashion merchandising and a double minor in French and media studies. As she is inspired by art and travel, Ebonique is planning for a career in fashion journalism. In her very little free time, she enjoys reading Essence magazine, going to concerts, visiting museums and watching reruns of “The Office” (the episode where Michael grills his foot is her favorite.)

spectrum@commonwealthtimes.org

OPINIONS EDITOR

Tagwa Shammet

Tagwa is double majoring in political science and philosophy with concentrations in public policy and administration, and philosophy and law. Tagwa plans to pursue a law degree after undergraduate. She was awarded first place in the editorial writing category of the annual Virginia Press Association contest. She has really cool yellow pants because yellow is her color, and she throws her thumbs up when she feels uncomfortable and unsafe.

Instagram: @tagwita

opinions@commonwealthtimes.org

PHOTO EDITOR

Enza Marcy

Enza is a multimedia artist working in photography, filmmaking and stop motion animation. Interested primarily in the documentary mode, her photography explores memory, community, intimacy, connectedness and the delicacy of relationships. She loves illustration, textiles, robot love, cooking, poetry, raccoons, the “waking up a sleeping rabbit by surrounding him with ___” series on YouTube and the cute little ear tufts of red squirrels.

enzamarcy.com
Instagram: @enzmarcy
photography@commonwealthtimes.org

AUDIENCE EDITOR

Sarah Elson

Sarah is a junior majoring in mass communications with a minor in fashion merchandising. Sarah aspires to be a magazine editor, incorporating her two favorite hobbies, fashion and writing. She is a vivacious reader and thrifting connoisseur who spends most of her time on TikTok.

Instagram: @sarah_p_elson

Twitter: @sarahelson17

elsonsp@commonwealthtimes.org

ILLUSTRATIONS EDITOR

Lauren Johnson

illustrations@commonwealthtimes.org

STAFF WRITERS

Joe Dodson — Sports

GRAPHIC DESIGNERS

designers@vcustudentmedia.com

Andrew Caress — Art Director 

Andy is a designer who loves making books and eating pho. After college he hopes to somehow live in New York while incorporating his Asian heritage within his work. In his free time he enjoys re-watching “New Girl” and eating more pho.

Gabrielle Wood — Designer

Gabi is a junior majoring in graphic design. She loves making posters, playing guitar and singing along to David Bowie. After college, she hopes to travel, work in the music industry as a designer and play guitar in an all-girl rock band.

Jayce Nguyen — Designer

Ni Sang — Designer

Raymond Liu — Designer