Scouting Report: VCU vs St. Bonaventure

Illustration by Killian Goodale-Porter.

VCU women’s soccer will face St. Bonaventure University at Tom 80’ and Michelle Marra Athletics Fields Complex on Oct. 15. 

The CT Sports staff chose their notable players for this upcoming matchup.

VCU

Andrew McGhan, Contributing Writer

Anna Bagley – The redshirt senior midfielder leads the team in assists with six, and shots on goal with 12, according to VCU Athletics. She is tied as the leading goal scorer for the team with three. Last year Bagley was named to the Atlantic 10 first team, according to VCU Athletics. Bagley has played all 90 minutes in seven out of 14 games this season and had a four game streak where she has played all 90 minutes, according to VCU Athletics. She is second on the team in shots on goal with 12, according to VCU Athletics. The only player ahead of her in shots on goal is junior midfielder Kanna Matsuhisa and senior forward Milica Bulatovic.

Fiona Brown-John, Contributing Writer

Kanna Matsuhisa – The junior midfielder has 13 shots on goal, the most out of any player on the team according to VCU Athletics. Matsuhisa has acquired six points this season with two goals and two assists,according to VCU Athletics,  She has played an average of 74 minutes since the season started based off of VCU Athletics stats. She is coming off of a successful 2022 season where she started in all 17 games for VCU and led the team in shots and assists according to VCU Athletics

St. Bonaventure  

Violet Velasquez, Contributing Writer

Ami Komori -The  sophomore forward coming out of Otsu, Japan leads St. Bonaventure in goals with six to date, according to SBU Athletics. Komori has a list of honors under her belt pertaining to this season and last. She has achieved the A-10 Co-Offensive Player of the Week and Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week Honorable Mention in September, according to SBU Athletics. Komori maintains the top slot for shot percentage on her team coming in at an impressive 25%, according to SBU Athletics

Ben Rekosh, Contributing Writer

Olivia Allen – Sophomore forward Olivia Allen has led the way for the Bonnies in 2023 with 12 points — four assists and four goals, according to St. Bonaventure. A participant in all 13 of the Bonnies’ matches thus far in the fall season, Allen hoists a team-high of 29 shots, with 16 of them being shots on goal, at a nearly 56% shot-on-goal rate, per St. Bonaventure Athletics. The 5’8” sophomore forward transferred from University of Ottawa after playing 10 games and scoring six times, plus leading Ottawa to the bronze medal, per St. Bonaventure Athletics. Allen has also taken all of St. Bonaventure’s penalty kicks so far in 2023; she’s made all three of them.