CT Sports’ pick of the week

Illustration by Soli Santoyo

Bersabeh Kemaw, Contributing Writer

For this week’s CT Sports’ pick of the week, we’re heading to the NBA to cover the well-anticipated playoffs. With a California matchup in the first round, the Golden State Warriors are guaranteed to win the game against the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday, April 26.

The Kings, who are first in their Pacific Division, have maintained two wins at home against the Warriors so far in the playoffs.

This is the first time they have made it to the playoffs in 16 years, making this opportunity all the more important for the team, according to Capradio.

Key player for the Kings so far has been point guard De’Aaron Fox, who is leading the team in points, assists and steals. The Kings also have power forward Domantas Sabonis, who is leading the team in rebounds, according to ESPN.

On the other hand, we have the Warriors, who are the reigning champions. In addition to that, Golden State has won three other championships in less than 10 years, with Stephen Curry, who was named MVP in 2022, according to ESPN.

Alongside the MVP, the Warriors have a team filled with talented players, including players like Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Jordan Poole and many more. 

It may seem like the Warriors won’t make it out of the first round, but after their win in game three on April 20, I wouldn’t count them out just yet. 

This will be a series that will more than likely go up to the final two games, with both teams having something to prove with every game played.

3 Trackbacks / Pingbacks

1. CT Sports’ Decide Of The Week The Commonwealth Times - Local Post News
  2. CT Sports' pick of the week The Commonwealth Times - All Post Times
  3. CT Sports' pick of the week The Commonwealth Times - Today Postimes