Court announces upcoming dates for Delta Chi fraternity brothers

Eleven people were indicted on Sept. 24 for hazing freshman Adam Oakes on Feb. 26 at a Delta Chi Fraternity event. Nine of the 11 people are enrolled in the Fall 2021 semester. Photo by Megan Lee

Katharine DeRosa, News Editor

Legal proceedings continue in the cases of those who were arrested for hazing freshman Adam Oakes.

Three of those arrested — Benjamin Corado, Jason Mulgrew and Alexander Bradley — have been released on bail, according to the Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System.

Seven remain in custody: Quinn Kuby, Riley McDaniel, Alessandro Medina-Villanueva, Christian Rohrbach, Colin Tran, Andrew White and Robert Fritz.

Rohrbach and Fritz were both previously charged with possession of marijuana in 2019. Medina-Villanueva was charged with two different counts of speeding in 2019 and 2020 in Prince William County. One was qualified as 20 mph over the speed limit and one was qualified as 15-19 mph over the speed limit. 

White and Kuby were both charged with “failure to pay full time and attention,” meaning they were not operating vehicles with care. White’s infraction took place in 2019 and Kuby’s took place in 2018. Kuby was later charged with “failure to obey highway sign” in 2019. Corado received a traffic infraction in 2019 in Loudoun General District Court that was waived. 

Enayat Sheikhzad is currently classified as a fugitive according to the Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System. He was arrested by Virginia State Police in Prince William County and was released on bond, per a Sept. 24 release from the Richmond Police Department. 

A fugitive is “any person who has fled from any State to avoid prosecution for a crime or avoid giving testimony in any criminal proceeding,” according to the Legal Information Institute.

RPD spokesperson Tracy Walker stated she has no information about Sheikhzad’s status as a fugitive when asked for comment on Oct. 5. His arraignment is set for Friday Oct. 8 at 9 a.m., according to the Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System.

A term hearing for Riley McDaniel and Andrew White will take place on Nov. 1 at 9 a.m. 

Discovery, which is the formal process of exchanging information between the prosecution and the defense, is set for three of the 11 cases as of Oct. 5. 

Alessandro Medina-Villanueva’s will take place on Nov. 8 at 9 a.m., Colin Tran’s will take place on Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. and Robert Fritz’s will take place on Nov. 9 at 9 a.m.

Information pertaining to court dates for the 11 individuals can be found on vacourts.gov. All events will be at the John Marshall Courts Building located at 400 N. 9th St.