Resale ticket prices for sold-out home games skyrocket into the hundreds, thousands

Melissa Stamp

The Rams are commanding attention even before they take the court this season as fans compete to find tickets for this season’s home game matchups.

Several games at home are already sold out including face-offs against University of Northern Iowa, Saint Joseph’s University, University of Richmond, Saint Louis University, University of Massachusetts, University of Dayton and George Mason University. The most highly anticipated game to sell out is against the University of Virginia Cavaliers.

Ticket packages for sold-out home games are being re-sold on StubHub for more than $2,000. Screenshot courtesy of StubHub

Tickets for the Rams versus Cavaliers were originally priced by the VCU ticketing office at $55 while other games are all priced at $25 or $45. However, those tickets sold out during the VCU season ticket holder presale. Shortly after, ticket prices soared as re-sellers were giving away box seats approaching close to $1,000.

These prices don’t affect the school or the athletics department at all. Scott Day, VCU Director of Athletic Communications, said that all funds are independent of the school.

“The prices online are people who bought tickets and are re-selling them, we can’t control how much they are listing their tickets for,” Day said.

The range of tickets on StubHub is from $165 to $210 for standing-room-only. Prices for lower corner and sideline seats range between $389 and $935. The price for sold-out season tickets is also impressive, coming in at $1,200 for lower baseline seats and $2,340 for lower sideline.

Even if fans cannot get hold of tickets, all games will be aired live on ESPNU.

“I wouldn’t come out for a game if it was too expensive, our games are on TV so I would just catch it there,” said freshman guard Jonathan Williams.

The VCU Rams will face University of Virginia at home Saturday, Dec. 6. This will be the annual Marquee game, for which tickets are typically pricier because of the intense pairing.

U.Va. men’s basketball, which belongs to the Atlantic Coast Conference, is ranked fourth this year as they defend their ACC championship title. In last year’s regular season non-conference game, the Rams defeated the Cavaliers 59-56. The teams’ equal pairing has fans excited to see what the outcome will be this time and creates a high demand for tickets.

Student tickets will become available Nov. 24 through the ticket lottery system.

1. This cheap Jordan shoes website dedicated to all online Jordan fanatics. Dealer is reliable regular supplier, all 100% authentic Jordan shoes, seven days returned free of charge, to ensure you have a totally satisfying shopping experience overseas and guaranteed! payment security guaranteed. fast delivery, 24-hour online service!
    cheap jordan shoes http://www.lovecheapjordans.com