CT Sports staff
Follow The CT Sports on Twitter
VCU (22-5, 13-2) vs. George Mason (21-6, 13-2)
Date: Tuesday Feb. 14
Time: 9 p.m. tip
Location: Patriot Center – Fairfax
TV: Comcast Sportsnet
Radio: 107.3 or 102.1 FM
Shaka Smart: (Third season: 77-26)
Paul Hewitt: (First season: 21-6)
- Darius Theus
- Troy Daniels
- Bradford Burgess
- Juvonte Reddic
- DJ Haley
- Andre Cornelius
- Byron Allen
- Vertrail Vaughns
- Ryan Pearson
- Mike Morrison
- VCU’s current 11-game winning streak is its longest in 27 years: The last time they achieved the feat was in the 1984-1985 season.
- GMU’s Ryan Pearson is third in the CAA in scoring with 17.6 ppg. Pearson also corrals 8.5 rebounds an outing.
- VCU currently leads the nation in total steals (278) by 22 over the team in second, No. 2 Syracuse.
- With a start tonight, VCU senior Bradford Burgess will move into third place for all-time consecutive starts with 138, leaving him just five starts away from the all-time “Iron Man” record held by Patrick Ewing (142).
- VCU and George Mason boasts two of the hottest scoring teams in the CAA. The Patriots ranks first, averaging 70.4 points with the Rams two spots behind them with 67.7 points per outing.
- VCU leads the all-time series between the two teams 29-17 and has won seven of the past 10 meetings.
Latest posts by Executive Editor (see all)
- These spots on the James stand out in the River City - July 16, 2019
- Where to find the best page-turners in RVA - July 16, 2019
- Staying in the loop: the accounts you should follow as a VCU student - July 16, 2019