Special Feature: RVA Music Fest artist profiles

Read the on-going artist coverage by following the “RVA Music Fest” tag.

ARTIST PROFILES

Artists like Girl Talk, Best Coast and an impressive lineup of other groups are getting ready to “take over Shockoe Bottom for an all day celebration of our city’s amazing culture,” according to promotional materials for the first ever RVA Music Fest.

The festival is set to take place over two days – Saturday, Sept. 10 and Sunday, Sept. 11 – with the main event, described above, on Sunday.

Saturday’s schedule takes the form of several showcases spread across different Richmond bars and venues, including the Hat Factory, Balliceaux, The Camel, Strange Matter and New York Deli.

Then, on Sunday, 18th street will be closed to traffic between Main and Grace streets to make way for two stages, a DJ tent and a VIP area. Live music, representing acts from the local to the national, will run from 2 p.m. to 10 a.m. Tickets in advance cost $22 or $30 at the gate.

The main stage, featuring big names like Girl Talk and Best Coast, will share the street with a stage of major local groups like No BS! Brass and Black Girls.

In the intervening weeks, check out the CT’s feature coverage on a few of RVA Music Fest’s most-hyped lineup: Check out more profiles in the next issue of the CT.

For a full RVA Music Fest schedule for both Saturday and Sunday, visit rvamusicfest.com.