2010 CAA BASEBALL PRESEASON PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH (2009 record)
1. James Madison (30-24, 12-11)
Coach Keyes on the Dukes: Very experienced, should have a chance to be the best in the league.
2. UNC Wilmington (31-23, 10-8)
Coach Keyes on the Seahawks: Very stockpiled in pitching, typical Wilmington team
3. Georgia State (22-8, 12-9)
Coach Keyes on the Panthers: Very similar to where we have been in the past, have a chance to be a good team
4. Old Dominion (22-27, 13-11)
Coach Keyes on the Monarchs: Very similar to us, very senior-laden team. They will have a huge margin of error because they have good pitching, but not great depth. Could be a sleeper.
5. Delaware (28-20, 11-10)
Coach Keyes on the Blue Hens: I like their starting pitching. They are a pretty good match up team against a lot of people.
6. George Mason (42-14, 19-5)
Coach Keyes on the Patriots: Lost a lot of pop in the middle of the lineup, also lost a lot of pitching depth. They will need some guys to step up.
7. Towson (28-25, 12-12)
Coach Keyes on the Tigers: A team that always seems to hit, they have been better the last couple of years, I think they’ll be better this year.
7. VCU (20-26, 8-16)
9. Northeastern (28-25, 13-11)
Coach Keyes on the Huskies: Always good in the pitching department, it is always tough to go up to Boston so they’ll always be in the middle of the pack.
10. William and Mary (24-25, 9-14)
Coach Keyes on the Tribe: Sort of in a rebuilding mode, fairly young. I look for them to struggle a little bit.
11. Hofstra (11-32, 6-18)
Coach Keyes on the Pride: They always play extremely hard, they are not the push over they have been in recent years.
Latest posts by Sports Editor (see all)
- VCU men’s basketball falls short against Flyers, drop third straight - February 19, 2020
- Rebounding improves in VCU men’s basketball’s loss to Dayton - February 19, 2020
- VCU men’s basketball fall to Richmond as 3-point shooting woes continue - February 15, 2020