People view Valentine’s Day in one of two ways: as a divine opportunity to shower and be showered with declarations of undying love via red roses, German chocolates and diamonds, or as a dreaded and unnecessary holiday celebrated solely to remind the lonely of their plight.
While some will be resigned to a pint of Ben & Jerry’s on the couch, others will seek a profound way of professing their love—perhaps à la carte.
Local restaurants are offering up decadent meals for two this Sunday night. From succulent meats to delectable desserts, restaurateurs have a legion of options in a range of prices.
Valentine’s Day meals for two:
700 E. Broad St.
$70.00 plus tax and gratuity
Appetizer to share (choice of 1):
– Pan-seared scallops over Stilton bleu Cheese polenta with sweet pomegranate glaze
– Wild mushroom ravioli over arugula with a sundried tomato pesto rosé sauce and toasted pine nuts
Entrées (choice of 2):
– Grilled duck breast topped with a bing cherry and caramelized peach port wine reduction served with porcini mushroom risotto and mixed asparagus.
– Balsamic mint-glazed New Zealand lamb chops with garlic mashed potatoes and mixed asparagus.
– Bone-in Angus ribeye topped with lobster butter served with garlic mashed potatoes and mixed asparagus
– Crab Florentine stuffed Rockfish filets with a Newburg cream sauce, Porcini mushroom risotto and mixed asparagus
Dessert (to share):
Beverage (to share):
– A bottle of wine – red, white or sparkling
Strawberry Street Cafe
421 N. Strawberry St.
Appetizers (choice of 2):
Entrée (choice of 2):
– Beef Wellington with Béarnaise sauce, shrimp stuffed with an award-winning crab cake mixture baked in garlic butter
– Chicken breast stuffed with country ham and fresh mozzarella with a sage cream sauce
– Entrees served with Parmesan au gratin potatoes and steamed broccoli
– Chocolate loving spoonful cake
3553 W. Cary St.
$19.99 per person
Appetizers: (choice of 1):
– Caesar, blue cheese wedge
– Bowl of tomato and cheese soup
Entrées (choice of 1):
– Fire-grilled Buckhead ribeye, twice-baked Killimock cheese potato
– Apricot-glazed salmon, acorn squash
Dessert (choice of 1):
– Homemade fresh fruit tart
– Crepe Jamaica