Soap Box

We are most likely going to war with Iraq. In fact, we may very well be engaging in war as you read this.

I would like to lay out my plan for combating Iraq, terrorists and the like. Instead of sending young men and women over to traipse through deserts and get shot at, gassed or worse, I have a better plan.

This will lessen the people in jails, reduce the number of kids killing kids in schools and give violent criminals and violent kids an outlet.

We enlist them in a special unit. We give them guns, grenades and knives and send them over to Iraq.

What better way to let these people get their violent feelings out and do some good for the country.

We give all of these people a picture of Saddam and his sons and say that whoever can kill him wins a prize.

This would be especially useful for our snipers who terrorized our area earlier this year. Why not let them loose over there, and instead of sniping innocent civilians, let them take out dictators, terrorists and such? The more they take out, the less their sentence. If they so choose, enlist them permanently in the special forces or armed services branch of their choosing.

Now, instead of filling prisons and letting kids get shot and stabbed in schools, wouldn’t this work out so much better for everyone involved?

I do not support the war, though I do support our troops. They are doing their duty and/or what they feel is right.

I support them and what they do to protect this country. It is because of them that we are here, able to speak our ideas and thoughts without being executed or deported.

Thank you to all of our troops abroad and at home who work to keep this country safe.