Sorry, were you singing?

First of all, I’d like to let all of you readers know that this is not going to be a very informative review. To do an informative review, I would have had to listen to the CD more than once, and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. My apologies. The CD in question is “Holy Roller Novocaine.” The band is Kings of Leon. Both of these names are ones I’d like to forget. Perhaps it’s the anti-country music blood running through my veins. Perhaps it’s the fact that obnoxious guitar sounds just don’t appeal to me. Whatever the reason may be, I can’t with good conscious recommend this CD.

I take that back. Though it pains me to do so, I have to admit that if you like country pop, there is a chance that you might enjoy the ramblings of Kings of Leon. In my opinion, the Kings, Jared, Matthew, Nathan and Caleb shouldn’t quit their day jobs, but I can imagine that some of my friends who are fond of country music might willingly choose to listen to them.

I try to say something positive about every CD I review because nothing can be entirely awful. So here it goes. At some points during this 5-track punishment, I noticed my foot tapping. If nothing else, the music has a catchy beat to it. In addition, it’s fast and upbeat.

Having said that, I will conclude by reminding you that listening to this CD was a horrible ordeal for me and that my opinion should be taken lightly because during the majority of the songs, I was attempting to block out the music.