Black men swoop in to save white women, abandoning black women

llustration by Steck Von

Alexia Holloway, Contributing Writer

Since the days of slavery, black men have been punished for standing up for black women. If a male slave stood up for a female slave, he could be beaten or killed. If a slavemaster took a male slave’s wife to rape, he could not protect her or he would be severely punished.

Over time, black men have been conditioned to withhold their protection from black women. This is a complete contradiction to the white woman’s “damsel in distress” archetype — stemmed by the release of the 1915 film “The Birth of a Nation.” Because of this, black men have neglected to protect black women in an effort to protect white women.

Recently, YesJulz, a white female online personality, has made a name for herself with her racially-charged antics, such as an offbeat freestyle that implied black women did not like her because of her large synthetic butt. Her comments have been endorsed by black men including LeBron James and Soulja Boy.

After YesJulz’s appearance on the “Easily Offended” podcast, she and battle rapper, Murda Mook, have caught a large amount of internet hate. On the podcast, she attempted to explain away her antics over the past few years. While she was there, Murda Mook told her that she was allowed to say the N-word. I was appalled when YesJulz accused two widely admired black women — social media strategist Karen Civil and media personality Scottie Beam — of being upset that she was performing at Rolling Loud, “the world’s largest hip-hop festival.” Murda Mook said nothing.

Black women are able to defend themselves. Nevertheless, there have been recent cases in which black women are physically brutalized while black men just sat around. A young black woman was knocked unconscious by a black man in Miami. Instead of helping her, black men ran to put a camera in her face and laugh at her. An elderly black woman was kicked in the face by a young black man on the subway last week. Black men continued to record the incident instead of defending her. A video was released showing a black woman being viciously attacked by a white man outside of bar. The black man recording the video did not even put the phone down to check on her.

These common examples of average black men failing to protect and defend black women make Murda Mook’s cringeworthy defense of YesJulz possible. His defense of her reflects a disappointing reality in the black community: Black women can be assaulted directly in front of black men and nothing will be done. However, when white women catch heat on the internet for disrespecting black people in general, black men throw their capes on to save them from themselves.

Daniel Caesar came out the day after YesJulz spoke on the podcast and chastised black people for criticizing her. He questioned the ridicule she was receiving and attempted to reprimand black people by rhetorically asking, “Why is it that we’re allowed to be disrespectful and rude to everybody else and when anybody returns any type of energy to us?”

This same attitude was not reciprocated for black female comedian, JessHilarious. After saying she felt “threatened” because Sikh men were on the same plane as her, the internet justifiably tore her apart. While I do believe Jess deserves the criticism she has been getting, I have not seen black men run to defend her or protect her. Jess offended another community to the extent that YesJulz offended the black community. But black men are not coming to Jess’ defense the way they are with Julz, despite Jess being part of their own community.

Perhaps the historical framing of white women as docile and weak versus black women as strong and overpowering drives black men to turn a blind eye when white women disrespect black culture and black women.

Georgetown University released a study in 2018 that examined the lack of protection that black girls experience in childhood. “Girlhood Interrupted: The Erasure of Black Girls’ Childhood” explains how from childhood, black girls are seen as needing less nurture and protection compared to white girls. This can lead to the adultification of young black girls, who are subsequently given harsher disciplinary consequences in school and the criminal justice system compared to white girls.

“The most unprotected woman in America is the black woman.” As a black woman, this Malcolm X quote resonates with me in such a sobering way. Being a black woman means fighting a constant societal battle. Between white supremacy and sexism, black women only have each other.

White supremacy is often cited as a factor that prevents black people from progressing. Yet, white supremacy would have no foothold in the community if black men did not encourage it. Black men who refuse to defend and support black women allow white supremacy to fester and prevail in the community by giving it exactly what it thrives off of: division. The first step to building a stronger black society is black men rebelling against white supremacy and standing up for the black women who constantly fight for them.

Latest posts by Opinions Editor (see all)

Follow, like and share:
error

10 Comments

1. This is a highly racist article that is literally promoting segregation. “Black men should only date black women” YOU are the racist.

2. Oh boy….here we go – the poor innocent black woman is being attacked by everyone (to include black men) – but yet she has no part in her own demise by continuing to accept and make excuses for hoodrat behavior. This article is pure rubbish. The black woman has been falling for the okie done for years now – first by the white man and his welfare handouts in the 60s (the encouraged abandonment of black men in the house) and now by this feminist recruitment by white women to overthrow their own men in power. Y’all are a hot mess and you will never learn because you keep making excuses and taking zero accountability for your own situation.

3. “This can lead to the adultification of young black girls, who are subsequently given harsher disciplinary consequences in school and the criminal justice system compared to white girls”. You had the nerve to write that garbage? I’ll dare you to walk a mile in black mens shoes, then you’ll witness the real BS that black men have to put up with 24/7 and not the whinging BS that you just vomited into cyber space! Oh BTW, BLACK Men have heard you loud and clear every time you “black queens” tell us you’re so “strong”, “independent” and “DON’T NEED NO MAN”. So if that’s the case,PROTECT YOUR DAMN SELF!

4. Many of these posters mimic the rhetoric of white-male supremacists. The fact that you have people on here attempting to justifying that videotaping an assault and actively doing nothing to stop the assault is some how okay is sickening and disgusting. Furthermore, to some how insinuate that a black woman (or anybody for that matter) deserves this treatment, sickens me to my stomach. To somehow insinuate that the former is related “accountability” or “dating” is gaslighting pathetic and demonstrates the exact cowardice the author highlights in her article. I think we need to come to the conclusion that a black woman can get ran over by a car and a black man will sit and watch her die, take pictures and laugh. In all likelihood, it will be a black men running her over. Let this happen to a white woman and they’re on the phone calling 911. Race should not be a factor in whether you decide to help someone in a percarious situation, but, unfortunately, in the United States, race is THE determining factor. I think there needs to be a realization that the United States has become a dangerous place for Black women to reside. Black women need to let go of the expectations that black men are going to protect you, but they additionally need to stop caring about the issues and violence against Black men. Ava Duvernay, I’m looking at you. How many times do a group of people have to throw you under the bus before you get it. If reading the comments above aren’t proof….let me spell it out BLACK MENT DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU. BLACK MEN HATE YOU. THE UNITED STATES HATES YOU AND YOU NEED TO GIVE UP ON ALL OF THEM AND PROTECT YOURSELF BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY UNTIL YOU ARE ABLE TO FIND A SAFE LOCATION. This is why so many black women are traveling today TO A FIND WAY TO LEAVE. Black men do not need black women. Let them rely on other races for support. Soon, they’ll have to anyways, black women will not be around.

5. Many of these posters mimic the rhetoric of white-male supremacists. The fact that you have people on here attempting to justifying that videotaping an assault and actively doing nothing to stop the assault is some how okay is sickening and disgusting. Furthermore, to some how insinuate that a black woman (or anybody for that matter) deserves this treatment, sickens me to my stomach. To insinuate that the former is related to “accountability” or “dating” is gaslighting pathetic and demonstrates the exact cowardice the author highlights in her article. I think we need to come to the conclusion that a black woman can get ran over by a car and a black man will sit and watch her die, take pictures and laugh. In all likelihood, it will be a black men running her over. Let this happen to a white woman and they’re on the phone calling 911. Race should not be a factor in whether you decide to help someone in a percarious situation, but, unfortunately, in the United States, race is THE determining factor. I think there needs to be a realization that the United States has become a dangerous place for Black women to reside. Black women need to let go of the expectations that black men are going to protect them, but, additionally, they need to stop caring about the issues and violence against Black men. Ava Duvernay, I’m looking at you. How many times do a group of people have to throw you under the bus before you get it. If reading the comments above aren’t proof….allow me spell it out for you BLACK MEN DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY NEVER HAVE. BLACK MEN HATE YOU. SHUT THEM OUT. THE UNITED STATES HATES YOU AND YOU NEED TO GIVE UP ON ALL OF THEM AND PROTECT YOURSELF BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY UNTIL YOU ARE ABLE TO FIND A SAFE LOCATION. This is why so many black women are traveling today TO A FIND WAY TO LEAVE. Black men do not need black women. Let them rely on other races for support. Soon, they’ll have to anyways, black women will not be around.

6. Above agreed. Also what Black men get wrong is that black women are leaving the U.S. due to romantic prospects…wrong… they’re leaving because there tried of constantly being thrown under the bus by their asses. Black women are TIRED of going online and seeing thread after thread and tweet after tweet of Black men’s unprovoked attacks against black women. Trust and believe for whatever accomplishment a black women has there is a black man behind her waiting to stab her in the black and tear her down. That’s what they do best. We HEARD you loud and clear. Your struggles are not our struggles. From now on police brutally….not our problem….mass incarceration that affect black men not our problem. Also stop birthing Black boys!!! You’re doing nothing but contributing to the problem. Eventually, between a declining birth rate, black men breeding themselves out and mass incarceration they won’t be around for much longer anyway. Without Black women, Black men don’t exist, but they’ve forgotten about that. With one procedure, we can erase their existence. I am CONSTANTLY on guard around black men. I don’t trust them. They are evil and pose great danger to our mental health. They like to ignore those issues and posit all problems down to interracial relationships. I don’t give a damn about that! I need to protect my mental health from people actively attempting to destroy me. Black men pose the same threat to Black women as white supremacist, they’re NO DIFFERENT. They’re one in the same. Do what you all have to and collect your coins and leave the US. That way you won’t have to put up with Black men’s BS. They’ll have to rely on each other, white women, latinas etc. since they have so many options …let those groups cape for their evil asses. As the poster above said Black men don’t need or value you. It’s time to give up on them and invest in yourself. They’ve permanently burned their bridges with black women and the damages are permanent. and by the way I’m not a feminist, I have no kids and I’m not on welfare but thank you assuming that I’m a hot mess you fucking POS…

• I worked in larges groups of black people and I learned one huge lesson. Black people (men in particular) ARE NOT COOL. They are assholes. They NEVER..and I do mean NEVER…stop offering dick to black women. And I’m talking on the job. I can’t imagine the sexual pressure outside of work in black social settings. Black men’s behavior regarding the personal space of black women is in a word….despicable. If I didn’t hate black people as much as I do, I wold almost feel sorry these women. I would just sit back and watch the women put up resistance to sexual advances and then get called out for them by the black men. To an untrained observers of monkeys this would seem like play. But I saw the tension an anxiety build up on my troops of chimps. The break out of chimp squawking always felt on the razors edge. The reason the black community is hated by so many and most of all by yours truly….is you have ZERO gallantry in your men and your women are not demure. You have all game and ZERO court. You’re nothing. And now you n!56ers and your awful awful culture are invading my white women and my white spaces. And I thank God more and more that your abortion rates are so high. You are an unpleasant, uncouth, loud, obnoxious, rude, violent people that show respect only when the white man puts a boot to your neck. You lack all the social graces and intellectual qualities that compromise the elements of advanced civilization. If you were sitting pretty right next to us white people, you’d be throwing shit and each other and hanging burning tire recklessness around each other necks like your fellow African savages. If it wasn’t for white sluts popping out Tyrone’s bastard n!gglets, there would be no hope for you race. The best of you, that is inside you…..IS US. We are a sacrificing our women to civilize you shit brains. And I’m telling you….it is all because your men…..CAN’T STOP OFFERING DICK!!!! You have no vision for your race and no manners among your people. There is no chivalry in your men and no virtue among your women. Though, as I observed I could see that your women can and do respond to PROPER respect of her dignity. You don’t respect your women, because you don’t respect their sexual purity. So you all act like the pack of monkeys you are. You throw books at teachers, you dance on your school desks, you make noise everywhere you go, you’re violent, you agitate each other and above all…..you make each other anxious and nervous and titchy and this leads to explosive outbursts of emotion. You are…and UNCALM….people. The only time you act right is when white people are in control. Which I why I laugh every time I see an obedient good n!56er boy on his invisible white pussy leash as he walks past me with his white trash coalburning girlfriend. I say, well if the cops, courts and the KKK couldn’t civilize you, I guess the white pussy thirst will settle you apes down……and IT IS!!!!! Black men use the race card to pussy beg and shame white women onto their backs. I guess finally they feel power. Or they feel they have worth because the white man’s pussy is now his. It’s truly pathetic. Black men are not loyal and many white women are finding that out after their lives are ruined with little Tyrone Jr. strapped to their hips. NO white man will have her after that and no black man is going to raise a bastard halfbreed. So your black man are extremely TOXIC on all accounts. Keep your fucking dicks in your fucking pants, show some loyalty, and lead your women with a vision for your race and family then maybe you got something……..awww…sorry…that is what we white supremacists do. I guess you are fucked. And your poison is going to take down millions of our race while you call your toxicity of diversity “our strength”. You are anything but our strength. We don’t need you. You hold us back. You fuck up our lives. I every fucking way…the white race CARRIES you. Without us, you are nothing. Don’t ever forget that you ungrateful cunts. LULZ

7. Here is your white supremacy. Blacked.com

All you black people can go fuck yourselves. This white man….OWE’s YOU NOTHING. Quit your fucking bitching. Nobody cares anymore. White supremacy is the LEAST of your concerns. When the spics take over….all you whining n!56ers are going to be fucked. They are not going to put up with any of your shit. Good luck.