Black men swoop in to save white women, abandoning black women

llustration by Steck Von

Alexia Holloway, Contributing Writer

Since the days of slavery, black men have been punished for standing up for black women. If a male slave stood up for a female slave, he could be beaten or killed. If a slavemaster took a male slave’s wife to rape, he could not protect her or he would be severely punished.

Over time, black men have been conditioned to withhold their protection from black women. This is a complete contradiction to the white woman’s “damsel in distress” archetype — stemmed by the release of the 1915 film “The Birth of a Nation.” Because of this, black men have neglected to protect black women in an effort to protect white women.

Recently, YesJulz, a white female online personality, has made a name for herself with her racially-charged antics, such as an offbeat freestyle that implied black women did not like her because of her large synthetic butt. Her comments have been endorsed by black men including LeBron James and Soulja Boy.

After YesJulz’s appearance on the “Easily Offended” podcast, she and battle rapper, Murda Mook, have caught a large amount of internet hate. On the podcast, she attempted to explain away her antics over the past few years. While she was there, Murda Mook told her that she was allowed to say the N-word. I was appalled when YesJulz accused two widely admired black women — social media strategist Karen Civil and media personality Scottie Beam — of being upset that she was performing at Rolling Loud, “the world’s largest hip-hop festival.” Murda Mook said nothing.

Black women are able to defend themselves. Nevertheless, there have been recent cases in which black women are physically brutalized while black men just sat around. A young black woman was knocked unconscious by a black man in Miami. Instead of helping her, black men ran to put a camera in her face and laugh at her. An elderly black woman was kicked in the face by a young black man on the subway last week. Black men continued to record the incident instead of defending her. A video was released showing a black woman being viciously attacked by a white man outside of bar. The black man recording the video did not even put the phone down to check on her.

These common examples of average black men failing to protect and defend black women make Murda Mook’s cringeworthy defense of YesJulz possible. His defense of her reflects a disappointing reality in the black community: Black women can be assaulted directly in front of black men and nothing will be done. However, when white women catch heat on the internet for disrespecting black people in general, black men throw their capes on to save them from themselves.

Daniel Caesar came out the day after YesJulz spoke on the podcast and chastised black people for criticizing her. He questioned the ridicule she was receiving and attempted to reprimand black people by rhetorically asking, “Why is it that we’re allowed to be disrespectful and rude to everybody else and when anybody returns any type of energy to us?”

This same attitude was not reciprocated for black female comedian, JessHilarious. After saying she felt “threatened” because Sikh men were on the same plane as her, the internet justifiably tore her apart. While I do believe Jess deserves the criticism she has been getting, I have not seen black men run to defend her or protect her. Jess offended another community to the extent that YesJulz offended the black community. But black men are not coming to Jess’ defense the way they are with Julz, despite Jess being part of their own community.

Perhaps the historical framing of white women as docile and weak versus black women as strong and overpowering drives black men to turn a blind eye when white women disrespect black culture and black women.

Georgetown University released a study in 2018 that examined the lack of protection that black girls experience in childhood. “Girlhood Interrupted: The Erasure of Black Girls’ Childhood” explains how from childhood, black girls are seen as needing less nurture and protection compared to white girls. This can lead to the adultification of young black girls, who are subsequently given harsher disciplinary consequences in school and the criminal justice system compared to white girls.

“The most unprotected woman in America is the black woman.” As a black woman, this Malcolm X quote resonates with me in such a sobering way. Being a black woman means fighting a constant societal battle. Between white supremacy and sexism, black women only have each other.

White supremacy is often cited as a factor that prevents black people from progressing. Yet, white supremacy would have no foothold in the community if black men did not encourage it. Black men who refuse to defend and support black women allow white supremacy to fester and prevail in the community by giving it exactly what it thrives off of: division. The first step to building a stronger black society is black men rebelling against white supremacy and standing up for the black women who constantly fight for them.

42 Comments

1. This is a highly racist article that is literally promoting segregation. “Black men should only date black women” YOU are the racist.

• Why doesn’t everyone throw a fit when black women move to California and make adult films with white men for money? A black woman can date whoever she wants and noone says nothing about it. Black women do not support black men while they are trying to gain success and make a living but when he becomes successful and rich all of a sudden he’s good enough for a black woman. Black women have been conditioned by the welfare system and a man has to give her more than the government is already giving her. A black man shouldn’t have to feel guilty for dating white women because afterall atleast most of them carry themselves as women and not act like men or overpowering. Black men have been telling black women about their smart mouth and disrespectful attitudes for decades but they still want to ignore the facts and blame it on a white woman. I personally think you are racist and a person can date whoever they want to.

• The truth hurts. I also stopped supporting Black men in every way because she right. I no longer socialize, nor support, nor do I accept Black men who come to Black women with nothing wanting us to accept their sorry ass excuses for mostly their own downfalls

• Actually I think that a lack of Father’s mail Direction and leaving all of the responsibilities on black women alone while black men act irresponsible is the downfall of the black community. Black men don’t provide don’t protect don’t lead don’t father don’t husband don’t mentor don’t do anything for black women children or the black community. When you get on your feet and many times when you’re not on your feet all you do is Chase white women you’re at the bottom of the food chain in the even the immigrants have passed you. Black men look foolish

2. Oh boy….here we go – the poor innocent black woman is being attacked by everyone (to include black men) – but yet she has no part in her own demise by continuing to accept and make excuses for hoodrat behavior. This article is pure rubbish. The black woman has been falling for the okie done for years now – first by the white man and his welfare handouts in the 60s (the encouraged abandonment of black men in the house) and now by this feminist recruitment by white women to overthrow their own men in power. Y’all are a hot mess and you will never learn because you keep making excuses and taking zero accountability for your own situation.

• Nobody is more irresponsible for their own women and children and communities than black males you are failures. I watch the immigrants go past you and less than 30 years and even day make you look like the laughingstock you’re at the bottom of the food chain. They laughed at you and say you chase fat white women that no white men wants

3. “This can lead to the adultification of young black girls, who are subsequently given harsher disciplinary consequences in school and the criminal justice system compared to white girls”. You had the nerve to write that garbage? I’ll dare you to walk a mile in black mens shoes, then you’ll witness the real BS that black men have to put up with 24/7 and not the whinging BS that you just vomited into cyber space! Oh BTW, BLACK Men have heard you loud and clear every time you “black queens” tell us you’re so “strong”, “independent” and “DON’T NEED NO MAN”. So if that’s the case,PROTECT YOUR DAMN SELF!

• When black women made that remark that’s because black men act irresponsible. Let’s be honest black men don’t provide, protect,nor lead. That happened because black men’s fathers decided they wanted to be a responsible and not raise their children or be a part of their children’s karma. You also have black women that don’t want to deal with black men anymore because of what you do you put white women and other races on a pedestal so you get back what you put out. How dare they broke black man come to me and tell me that a white woman took him for his money and now he wants a sister. I tell then he’ll know you go right back where you were with your poor white trash

4. Many of these posters mimic the rhetoric of white-male supremacists. The fact that you have people on here attempting to justifying that videotaping an assault and actively doing nothing to stop the assault is some how okay is sickening and disgusting. Furthermore, to some how insinuate that a black woman (or anybody for that matter) deserves this treatment, sickens me to my stomach. To somehow insinuate that the former is related “accountability” or “dating” is gaslighting pathetic and demonstrates the exact cowardice the author highlights in her article. I think we need to come to the conclusion that a black woman can get ran over by a car and a black man will sit and watch her die, take pictures and laugh. In all likelihood, it will be a black men running her over. Let this happen to a white woman and they’re on the phone calling 911. Race should not be a factor in whether you decide to help someone in a percarious situation, but, unfortunately, in the United States, race is THE determining factor. I think there needs to be a realization that the United States has become a dangerous place for Black women to reside. Black women need to let go of the expectations that black men are going to protect you, but they additionally need to stop caring about the issues and violence against Black men. Ava Duvernay, I’m looking at you. How many times do a group of people have to throw you under the bus before you get it. If reading the comments above aren’t proof….let me spell it out BLACK MENT DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU. BLACK MEN HATE YOU. THE UNITED STATES HATES YOU AND YOU NEED TO GIVE UP ON ALL OF THEM AND PROTECT YOURSELF BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY UNTIL YOU ARE ABLE TO FIND A SAFE LOCATION. This is why so many black women are traveling today TO A FIND WAY TO LEAVE. Black men do not need black women. Let them rely on other races for support. Soon, they’ll have to anyways, black women will not be around.

• I agree. I bet most of these negative comment’s are from black men let alone white females. It’s sad that others get those cry baby something with a curse word. But, we are looked at as trash by our own men and the rest of the world. I hate it! I stay away from them and especially white woman. I was lied on by one and she cried about it and made me look like the evil witch of the neighborhood because I didn’t want to be bother with her emotional ass.
      Whether they’re nice or not…I don’t care. I keep to myself. I don’t trust them at all!!! And not all black men are bad but I stay away too.

5. Many of these posters mimic the rhetoric of white-male supremacists. The fact that you have people on here attempting to justifying that videotaping an assault and actively doing nothing to stop the assault is some how okay is sickening and disgusting. Furthermore, to some how insinuate that a black woman (or anybody for that matter) deserves this treatment, sickens me to my stomach. To insinuate that the former is related to “accountability” or “dating” is gaslighting pathetic and demonstrates the exact cowardice the author highlights in her article. I think we need to come to the conclusion that a black woman can get ran over by a car and a black man will sit and watch her die, take pictures and laugh. In all likelihood, it will be a black men running her over. Let this happen to a white woman and they’re on the phone calling 911. Race should not be a factor in whether you decide to help someone in a percarious situation, but, unfortunately, in the United States, race is THE determining factor. I think there needs to be a realization that the United States has become a dangerous place for Black women to reside. Black women need to let go of the expectations that black men are going to protect them, but, additionally, they need to stop caring about the issues and violence against Black men. Ava Duvernay, I’m looking at you. How many times do a group of people have to throw you under the bus before you get it. If reading the comments above aren’t proof….allow me spell it out for you BLACK MEN DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY NEVER HAVE. BLACK MEN HATE YOU. SHUT THEM OUT. THE UNITED STATES HATES YOU AND YOU NEED TO GIVE UP ON ALL OF THEM AND PROTECT YOURSELF BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY UNTIL YOU ARE ABLE TO FIND A SAFE LOCATION. This is why so many black women are traveling today TO A FIND WAY TO LEAVE. Black men do not need black women. Let them rely on other races for support. Soon, they’ll have to anyways, black women will not be around.

6. Above agreed. Also what Black men get wrong is that black women are leaving the U.S. due to romantic prospects…wrong… they’re leaving because there tried of constantly being thrown under the bus by their asses. Black women are TIRED of going online and seeing thread after thread and tweet after tweet of Black men’s unprovoked attacks against black women. Trust and believe for whatever accomplishment a black women has there is a black man behind her waiting to stab her in the black and tear her down. That’s what they do best. We HEARD you loud and clear. Your struggles are not our struggles. From now on police brutally….not our problem….mass incarceration that affect black men not our problem. Also stop birthing Black boys!!! You’re doing nothing but contributing to the problem. Eventually, between a declining birth rate, black men breeding themselves out and mass incarceration they won’t be around for much longer anyway. Without Black women, Black men don’t exist, but they’ve forgotten about that. With one procedure, we can erase their existence. I am CONSTANTLY on guard around black men. I don’t trust them. They are evil and pose great danger to our mental health. They like to ignore those issues and posit all problems down to interracial relationships. I don’t give a damn about that! I need to protect my mental health from people actively attempting to destroy me. Black men pose the same threat to Black women as white supremacist, they’re NO DIFFERENT. They’re one in the same. Do what you all have to and collect your coins and leave the US. That way you won’t have to put up with Black men’s BS. They’ll have to rely on each other, white women, latinas etc. since they have so many options …let those groups cape for their evil asses. As the poster above said Black men don’t need or value you. It’s time to give up on them and invest in yourself. They’ve permanently burned their bridges with black women and the damages are permanent. and by the way I’m not a feminist, I have no kids and I’m not on welfare but thank you assuming that I’m a hot mess you fucking POS…

• I worked in larges groups of black people and I learned one huge lesson. Black people (men in particular) ARE NOT COOL. They are assholes. They NEVER..and I do mean NEVER…stop offering dick to black women. And I’m talking on the job. I can’t imagine the sexual pressure outside of work in black social settings. Black men’s behavior regarding the personal space of black women is in a word….despicable. If I didn’t hate black people as much as I do, I wold almost feel sorry these women. I would just sit back and watch the women put up resistance to sexual advances and then get called out for them by the black men. To an untrained observers of monkeys this would seem like play. But I saw the tension an anxiety build up on my troops of chimps. The break out of chimp squawking always felt on the razors edge. The reason the black community is hated by so many and most of all by yours truly….is you have ZERO gallantry in your men and your women are not demure. You have all game and ZERO court. You’re nothing. And now you n!56ers and your awful awful culture are invading my white women and my white spaces. And I thank God more and more that your abortion rates are so high. You are an unpleasant, uncouth, loud, obnoxious, rude, violent people that show respect only when the white man puts a boot to your neck. You lack all the social graces and intellectual qualities that compromise the elements of advanced civilization. If you were sitting pretty right next to us white people, you’d be throwing shit and each other and hanging burning tire recklessness around each other necks like your fellow African savages. If it wasn’t for white sluts popping out Tyrone’s bastard n!gglets, there would be no hope for you race. The best of you, that is inside you…..IS US. We are a sacrificing our women to civilize you shit brains. And I’m telling you….it is all because your men…..CAN’T STOP OFFERING DICK!!!! You have no vision for your race and no manners among your people. There is no chivalry in your men and no virtue among your women. Though, as I observed I could see that your women can and do respond to PROPER respect of her dignity. You don’t respect your women, because you don’t respect their sexual purity. So you all act like the pack of monkeys you are. You throw books at teachers, you dance on your school desks, you make noise everywhere you go, you’re violent, you agitate each other and above all…..you make each other anxious and nervous and titchy and this leads to explosive outbursts of emotion. You are…and UNCALM….people. The only time you act right is when white people are in control. Which I why I laugh every time I see an obedient good n!56er boy on his invisible white pussy leash as he walks past me with his white trash coalburning girlfriend. I say, well if the cops, courts and the KKK couldn’t civilize you, I guess the white pussy thirst will settle you apes down……and IT IS!!!!! Black men use the race card to pussy beg and shame white women onto their backs. I guess finally they feel power. Or they feel they have worth because the white man’s pussy is now his. It’s truly pathetic. Black men are not loyal and many white women are finding that out after their lives are ruined with little Tyrone Jr. strapped to their hips. NO white man will have her after that and no black man is going to raise a bastard halfbreed. So your black man are extremely TOXIC on all accounts. Keep your fucking dicks in your fucking pants, show some loyalty, and lead your women with a vision for your race and family then maybe you got something……..awww…sorry…that is what we white supremacists do. I guess you are fucked. And your poison is going to take down millions of our race while you call your toxicity of diversity “our strength”. You are anything but our strength. We don’t need you. You hold us back. You fuck up our lives. I every fucking way…the white race CARRIES you. Without us, you are nothing. Don’t ever forget that you ungrateful cunts. LULZ

• Stfu lying shit stain. When i worked as Sales rep for a company it was NOTHING but black whores flirting with me 24/7 and i ignored all of them so fuck with this ”black men flirting”. Speak for your fucking self AND GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY OFFICE WITH YOUR BULLSHIT.

• Bullshit. It’s BLACK WOMEN who do this crap. All black men should look to other races because BLACK WOMEN ARE NOT WORTHY, NOR ARE THEY DESIREABLE. White, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, French women all have it going on.

Leave BLACK WOMEN TO FESTER OFF AND DIE ON THEIR OWN!

7. Here is your white supremacy. Blacked.com

All you black people can go fuck yourselves. This white man….OWE’s YOU NOTHING. Quit your fucking bitching. Nobody cares anymore. White supremacy is the LEAST of your concerns. When the spics take over….all you whining n!56ers are going to be fucked. They are not going to put up with any of your shit. Good luck.

• If black women die so will black men because WE birth you, dumbass…not White women, Asian women and not French women. If it weren’t for a black women CHOOSING to give birth to your sorry ass you wouldn’t even be a thought. If we’re producing sorry pieces of trash like you…I’m all for abortion. With one procedure we’ll make sure your asses are obsolete and can wipe our an entire generation.

8. “Shut Up” this is not true. If a black man has a child with a white, Hispanic, or other race, the child is still considered black in the US.

• thats a lie the black woman is the only woman who give birth of different races the more you black men have kids by white women the more weaker your genes are they are black not in the least, black women give birth to all races white women, Asian, Indian can not.you black men are uneducated,jail bird or in the closet gay as fuck or just self hate-filled, black women go to march for yall lay down our lives for yall, Malcolm x said it best the BLack woman is the most unprotected resource, if black men continue to have babys withthe inforeor genes of other races there wont be black men any more, as a black female we can birth all kids of races of kids we have done it since the begging of time all life started with the black woman not the black man. so im glad when black women decied not to fuck with you guys, yall so ungreatful and so fucked up in the head, we cant fight for yall no more when yall get killed by the cops, we have to work on us and let yall decline because black american men are shit, yall are drug dealers,street walkers,jail birds, gay and self hatefilled and when yall are with these women gusse what hppens to your kids they get treated like shit because yall do what yall do best leave and become dead beat pos.

• Shut your dumb ass up with that stupid shit. No, if your the only one black, the child will be Half PERIOD !! quit speading that patriarchal rhetoric…what is your comment some Bible Hebrew Isrealite bullshit your talking?? sick of niggas saying dumb ass shit take y’all dusty ass mixed breed babies and your SuperApe Faggot ass somewhere and go die Fuck Outta Here !! What The Fuck Is wrong With blackmales No Manhood having asses ? where is a white man when I need one ?? to beat your stupid asses up

9. I would like to make another comment. I love and appreciate all women of any race. I am not an expert on black history; however, this goes back a long way. As a race, we are truly divided and it was a byproduct of slavery. It is no secret that black men were taken from the family, beaten and witnessed by black women and black children. This sent a message that we (black men) could not protect their women and families. This has permeated throughout time and is systemic in our (black) race today. This has caused our black women to lose confidence and become hardened to black men. All to say, this was caused by design and will more than likely continue for years to come. So, the blending of races is a natural response to what brought us to their point. There is nothing wrong with loving others outside your race. However, when black men feel they are not appreciated, they will look for that appreciation elsewhere.

• yall going to learn one day that no one will love yall more than a black woman but we can only take so much of the bashing and the bs, we are the ones who are in the street saying Black lives matter, we are the ones crying over your graves, we are the ones who raise you as best as we can just to see yall repeat the bs cycle. yall dont protect us so why bother with yall ofcourse we are not going to appreciate men who slander us and harm us in every way possible as if it is our fault that the system of things are the way they are, our ancestors has to endure rape,our children and men being sodmized, hung,beat and our very children ripped away from us or used as algator bait, we where used as medical experiments and worked till our very musles ripped from our bones, all the while nursing yall from our very bossim and then to only go back to be a bed wench or wet nurse to the white family. you black man never appreciated your women so we will in turn abandon you yall will realzie that yall need us more then we need you and by then it will be too late. yall dont want to be labled but yall lable us, yall dont want to be seen in a negative light but yall put us in a negative light yall have these other women turning yall against us when all we want is for yall to wake the fuck up black women are not your enemy but you are ours, you black men have always abondon us and continue to do so because it is with in you to be that way so in turn, we must stop supporting yall and giving birth to you American black men, we need to get a whole new set of black men to bring up a better generation of black men because it is in your very own epigenetics to be self-destructive and we can not fix you, men, no matter how much we cry, no matter how much we support, no matter how much we march, no matter if your our brothers,uncles,nephews we can no longer support yall while we get dragged through the mud by white people,Spanish people,Asian people and yall. every other race of men protect their women expect yall, you black men are traitors to your own people and that is why you in the future will be genocided by your own hate-filled and backward thinking. but us black women who hold the Asexual gene and the eve gene will be around for a very long time and we will continue to be here once your type of men are fucked away and that will be by you American black men own doing. we can no longer put our selves on the back burner,be wrapped up in ungrateful men, be baby mamas and never wives, cant send yall no more comencery when yall in jail, cant sit and spend a bunch of money to uphold a eurropean beauty standard, no more marching for yall or working our asses off to support and feed yall as children to only be dealt with disrespectfully, no more deadbeat dads. so stay hummble while we move on to fix us and searching for the black men who are aware of whats going on not en who blame thier damage on there women who are also in the same boat.

10. This comment is for ” yup i said it” once again its your own ignorance and unwillingness to accept ownership of the problem. What can you say about black women dating outside of her race? The only thing youre bringing to the table is a whole lot of drama and disrespect but then youll go down to the welfare office and kiss ass to a white person for some free shit that a man could have provided. We’re sick and tired of being talked to crazy and disrespected.The only time we can get respect is on our payday or until the money is gone. Black women are always whinning about what black men are doing even when we ain’t paying them no attention. They want to say they dont need a man and all that b.s, then why have this conversation. A black woman wants to be given money just to hang out with them and thats why they date outside of their race because they couldn’t dominate a real black man so they seek out what they perceive as a weaker man while swindling them out of their money.you have foul mouths where if a man was to talk to us like that he would get beat up.A man once told me to never put my hands on a woman, that if i intended to hurt them just leave. Black women today need to get their heads out of reality tv and Facebook and gossiping on the phone being ratchet and tend to their man and maybe he wouldn’t go chasing Sally around. Aint no woman on this planet is going to talk to me crazy because im a God fearing man that raised my son by myself while his mother took to the streets. Black women FEAR a strong black man and only wants to demasculate him so she can feel more dominant.I will date whoever i damn well please like the black woman’s been doing so stop talking down on the black man because we have alot to deal with already and the last thing we need is black women making more problems for us.

11. A strong black men or a white woman’s lapdog. She says jump, you say how high. You all emasculated yourselves. You didn’t need black women to do that! and, no, children who are mixed are just that MIXED, but nice try. You want to have mixed-raced children, but on YOUR terms. That’s not how it works.Frankly, if I were the non-black parent, I would be offended. Black women dont care who you date, keep us out of your mouths on social media, keep erasing yourselves and we’ll continue to have our abortions problem-solved.

• Black men care other than that they wouldn’t have a nasty attitude when there with those fat white women and they see a stunning black woman that they can’t get. A lot of black men don’t have access to attractive educated black women because they have nothing to offer and they also high-risk. So since you’re high risk you suffer the consequences now your women don’t trust you and you are chasing after Poor white trash that no white man wants

12. If you’re a single parent black man you’re at the bottom of the food chain nobody wants you. You need to go stick with your poor white trash and don’t come back to us we don’t want you. I’ve seen plenty of black men after they got with their white women that had their biracial babies want to come back to a black woman and live off us get the f*** out of my face. You need to stick with your poor white trash and don’t bring your mess to us cuz you don’t even take care of your own families

13. What we DO care about is being trashed in the public sphere. Have you not read the numerous comments above addressing this? Stop the fucking gaslighting and trying to make this solely a dating issue. You all know what the fuck this is about. This is about you all saying you don’t care about black women but yet having entire YouTube channels dedicated to spewing hate towards black women. This is about you all going out of your way to make out-of-context, unprovoked racist, colorist attacks against black women (like those two Cardinals football players, like Chris Brown, like, like trash-ass Gibert Arenas whose own daughter is dark), this about you all complaining about racism but turning around and perpetuating that same behavior to undermine your own community. This is about your hypocrisy, your disrespect and self-hatred, your gaslighting, your bullying of women who look like your mothers, your sister, your aunts. You dispect one, dispect all. This is the shit we won’t tolerate. You can try to hide behind Becky and Maria all you want and throw stones but what Maria and Becky can’t protect you from are these abortions. You all pure evil, a disgrace to your community and can never be trusted. Our community will not recover from this, so it needs to be erased. Animals who act out of character need to be euthanized. By the way, we will continue to talk as long as we goddamn please. If you don’t like it, stay out of the fucking form.

14. What we DO care about is being trashed in the public sphere. Have you not read the numerous comments above addressing this? Stop the fucking gaslighting and trying to make this solely a dating issue. You all know what the fuck this is about. This is about you all saying you don’t care about black women but yet having entire YouTube channels dedicated to spewing hate towards black women. This is about you all going out of your way to make out-of-context, unprovoked racist, colorist attacks against black women (like those two Cardinals football players, like Chris Brown, like that trash-ass Gilbert Arenas whose own daughter is dark), this about you all complaining about racism but turning around and perpetuating that same behavior to undermine your own community. This is about your hypocrisy, your disrespect, your self-hatred, your gaslighting, your bullying of women who look like your mothers, your sisters, your aunts. You disrespect one, disrespect all. This is the shit we won’t tolerate. You can try to hide behind Becky and Maria all you want and throw stones but what Maria and Becky can’t protect you from are these abortions. You all are pure evil, a disgrace to your community and can never be trusted. Our community will not recover from this, so it needs to be erased. Animals who act out of character need to be euthanized. By the way, we will continue to talk as long as we goddamn please. If you don’t like it, stay out of the fucking forum.

15. This article had some interesting points, however, it clearly doesn’t paint a full picture. You can’t really talk about the effects that race and gender have on anyone group without discussing the purpose that race and gender serve. The whole point of race in America was created to discourage land ownership among black men and create a system of slavery that enslaved people of African descent alone. The whole point of gender is to establish cultural norms for people born of a particular sex that would encourage procreation and stability among blood lines. Thus, It makes sense for Black men to want to be with white women because that is the only way they can ensure land ownership and financial freedom for their offspring. I think it’s safe to say that people are selfish, no matter what their race. At the end of the day, people are doing whatever they can to care for their families. If black women feel left out, it is only because they are being selfish too. We all want the same things: love, peace and security. Perhaps, black women should be more selfish and care about themselves more to find ore peace, love and security. This afternoon, I walked into a Starbucks as a break before seeing my next client and there were nothing but black men in their meeting up, playing chess and so on. When I stepped in there, all they could do was talk about me and just look for things to hate about me. I think that this is sad but it makes sense. Seeing me be insecure makes them feel more secure. Given that black women are such an easy target based on their social status in society, when someone goes out of their way to attack them that says more about their insecurities and inadequacies as a person. We shouldn’t take these attacks personally and learn to forgive people for being selfish – they can’t help it. Personally, I prefer to live a simple life where I am fending for myself because letting anyone else in would only allow me to form expectations that I know will never be met. I think that most people feel this way – no matter what their race or gender. My best friend is a white woman and her life is not perfect. She has also had to learn to be her best support in life emotionally and not really count on anyone to be there for her in anyway other than a material way. I think it is farse to believe that white women are “damsels in distress” being rescued at every turn. This is kind of insulting to their intelligence and demeaning to the fact that most people, after getting what they want, start to not want it after a while. At the end of the day, these issues are (still), first-world issues. Every single person on this earth, if they are able to live long enough, will eventually have to grow up, love themselves and pull their own wagon. Personally, as a black woman, I feel lucky to have been dealt the hand that I have because I have no excuse to fantasize and live in a false world. If anything, the most harmful thing that could happen to anyone, is to 1) compare themselves to others 2) care what others think about them and 3) allow themselves to be the victim in their life’s story. I have chosen to be strong and it’s not because I don’t need a man in my life. I love my dad and the men in my family. Without them, I don’t know where I would be. They have done their best to provide me with security, peace and love. When we spend so much time focusing on what we don’t have, we lose sight of all that we have to be grateful for. I just lost my boyfriend to cancer in October and this has been the hardest time of my life but it was made easier by the love I have received from my family and friends. I think, instead of hating each other, holding grudges and complaining about our needs not being met we need to learn to forgive. Our health and peace of mind are depending on it.